Saturday 27 July 2013

House of Hades by Rick Riordan Prereview

Read first chapter here 

Unfortunately, I was right: The Mark of Athena ended with a heart wrenching, sob inducing, horrifying cliffhanger. 

I understand that Riordan, as a author who needs to sell books, has to keep the reader in suspense so they buy the next book. But seriously? 



Why in Hades did Riordan have to end The Mark of Athena in that spot? Percy and Annabeth - my two favourite characters - are falling into Tartarus and he ends the bookthere after one of the most romantic moments in this book. This was my reaction:




Let's just take a moment to pray that Riordan doesn't to the unmentionable. 

Despite all this, I can't help but feel happy because they are finally together. Plus, Riordan soothed the wound by say that of Percy and Jason, Nico thought Percy was better. Serious bonus points for Nico! 



Moving on, if we consider Percy and Annabeth's situation since The Heroes of Olympusstarted they have either:
1) Been separated and unsure or worried about each other 
2) Been in imminent danger. (Although, admittedly they are together now. This pleases me greatly.)

It just me or does the universe have vendetta against Percybeth?

The main consolation I can give is that Percy and Annabeth's characters are too big not to have a part in The House Of Hades . If I had to guess, I'd assume that one of their point of views will be told parallel with the main groups (ie. Jason, Piper, etc). At the end they will reunite after or during the epic show down when the close the Doors of the Death.

As always, Mr Riordan goes on my 'author's who need to write faster list'. Let me clarify: I think it is really great that he publishes a new book in the series ever year and I understand that it takes time to produce perfection. At the same time, after that cliffhanger I need to know what is happening. *Sigh* I'll have to console myself with the thought that the waiting will make it sweeter. 

Edit : found this on Tumblr. It's exactly how I imagined Percybeth falling:

No comments:

Post a Comment