Saturday 27 July 2013

HDU by India Lee Review

Lara recommends for: people who live vicariously though gossip magazines and other stories of the rich and famous.

I starting reading this book thinking it would be similar to Julie James's Just the Sexiest Man Alive, which was a simple, Hollywood romance. Alas, this book focused more on the Hollywood lifestyle with a dash of romance, which I would have found upon closer inspection of the blurb. Moving on: the book was pretty awesome. So, let's get started..

The characters were great! They were very well fleshed out and each had their own flaws. They also very distinct personalities and each seemed like people you've met (eg. your manipulator, your douche etc) but were actually more. Most importantly, there was a good lead. Amanda was very likeable and entirely relatable lead. She was down to Earth, actually, very candid, resilient and did a very commendable job in keeping her head in such a difficult environment. 

The chemistry between Liam and Amanda was good. Their banter was fast, light and very entertaining. For me, it really did make the novel so naturally, I was a little disappointed when the novel spent so little time with their relationship. I guess this is something that will be explored more, hopefully, as the series progresses. 

The plot was interesting enough with just the right amount of twists and turns to keep me on my toes, but not so many that I felt helplessly lost. It definitely seems like the Hollywood depicted in magazines and movies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment